Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Laugh And The World Laughs With You

...Unless, of course, they are too mortified to laugh. Which is what I think happened yesterday. Ezekiel, Daisy and I were running out of Target because the wind was so cold. I had Daisy in my arms, holding Zeke's hand. Suddenly he went down. But instead of just falling, he tumbled under my feet. Consequently, I went down, too. Unfortunately, as I said before, Daisy was in my arms and I was holding Zeke with the other hand. As I was falling face down, I could see my fall would be cushioned by Daisy, whose head was going to smash into the concrete. Somehow I managed to stop her little head just short of the ground. So there we were, all three of us sprawled out on the ground, both kids bawling. I scraped them up, one under each arm, tears streaming down their cheeks, wails heard by everyone in the parking lot and possibly by some in the store. The nearest lady watching was speechless for a moment. As we were getting in the car she finally mustered, with wide eyes and a horrified voice, "Are you OK?" Looking back on it, I can laugh when I picture us in one big dog pile on the ground. I took one for the team and have some nice raspberries on one palm and elbow where I tried to break the fall, and the knuckles of the other hand that was under Daisy's head. When little Daisy saw them she said, "Hurt. Boo boo. Ouch." No big deal; just another day in the life of a mommy. We mommies are, after all, just shy of super hero status.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Ouch Trish! So glad you all are ok. Never happens with no one is around huh?