Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Sneaking Into The Midnight Garden

Zekers was slow in communicating with his buddies about their prom plans. So slow in fact that he missed the deadline to purchase tickets. The night of prom, while at the dinner table, Zeke was texting his friends. They told him that he should join them. They said they could sneak him into the venue. Zeke ran it by his father and I, expecting us to say no. I was disappointed for him that he wasn't going to attend his junior prom, so much to his surprise I quickly replied, "Sure!" And that's the story of prom. I mean, there are a lot worse things he could be doing as a 17 year old on a Friday night than sneaking into his prom.
His friend was like, "You just happened to have a suit at home?" and Zeke was like, "Yeah, I do."
Of course I didn't get much else information out of him. But he did share a few pics with me in 'The Midnight Garden' (the prom theme, which I only learned from the school social media page).
Iggy, Xavier and Logan were his partners in crime.
Here are their gangster faces.
I'm glad my boy went to his junior prom. After all, you only get one of those.
[May 12]

No comments: