Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Friday, July 01, 2022

It's A '1 + 1' On Graduates

Our last day of school ever at Gyeongnam International Foreign School, my little girl graduating from 8th grade, and my baby graduating from 5th grade...all in the same day. Let's just say I was a little volatile. I was proud of my children, happy for their accomplishments, and on the verge of tears all morning.
Walking in with a little pomp
and circumstance.
GIFS had three classes being promoted: kinder, fifth and eighth. This photo contains all of the graduates.  All 12 of them.
There was a short message.
Before the presentation of diplomas, there was a presentation of awards for the middle and high schools. Daisy and Zekers worked hard, and it was a joy to see their efforts recognized.

Zeke was also awarded the 'thinker' award.
Before each level of promotion there was a short video.
Mrs. Eby the principal and Mr. Ha the director were present to pass out the diplomas.
Good job, Lijee!
I knew what was coming up and snapped a few more pics of Daisy's video.

Mr. Kuntz and Mr. Tim, the middle school and primary school program directors were also on stage to pass out diplomas.
Congrats, Daisy!
Everyone was proudly clutching their diploma in their hand.
See ya, elementary school!
the 8th graders and their mothers
This class was not always this tiny, but only four boys were left at promotion.
5th grade: Radin, Nic, Eli and Charlie
the 5th graders and their parents
DanFam5
Ms. Oh was the KLAC (Korean Language and Culture) teacher. She is such a sweet lady.
Miss Tia was the boys' teacher for both 4th and 5th grade. She is also very sweet. She appreciates Eli's sense of humor, and I love her for that.
8th grade: Anniruddh, Aum, Donovan and Daisy
Ms. Lee was the 8th grade ATL teacher (Approaches to Learning).
Daddy had had enough pictures. This was his last one. He went back to work.
Eli had had enough pictures. Unfortunately for him, he couldn't leave and I made him take more.
My three hard-working kids. I am proud to call them mine.
Ms. Lee is one of the few teachers that has had all three of my kiddos.
You can't out-give a Korean when it comes to gifts. I gave the teachers small gifts throughout the year. Ms. Lee gave this to me. 💖

I pushed my luck too far.
Eli was officially done with pictures. 😂
But Daisy and I were still going strong.
The 8th grade and their homeroom teacher, Mr. Monaghan.
Kelly, Daisy and Joanne adopted Lea, Natalya and Elayna this year. At lunch the little girls would come find the big girls and they would hang out together.
Lijee and Ms. Tia
Siince I am bragging on the kids' awards, Abe recieved an award at work for a job well done these past three years.
These two were eager to open their promotion gifts.
Activities in the Philippines! Swimming with whale sharks and visiting tarsier monkeys!
[June 10]

No comments: