Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Monday, July 19, 2021

Going Off The Rails - Jinju Railbikes

There is an interesting little corner in Jinju that I always wonder about when I drive by. I was told it was a rail bike place. I wouldn't say that rail bikes are a huge deal in SoKo, but many towns have one. We decided it was time to check it out Jinju's rail bike.
These fun little guys are made from kimchee pots. They are very trendy with their crop tops.
Astrid and Julius came along with us for the adventure.
The ride is 4 km round trip. 
There isn't a lot of scenery in this area, so my expectations we set low. There are different 'zones' on the path. The first is the birch tunnel.
As soon as we emerged we were greeted with flowers along the rails.
This is called the photo zone garden.
During summer there are rando hollyhocks that pop up. This is the most concentrated area I have seen; I am surprised there is not a field dedicated just to hollyhocks somewhere, but I have not heard of one locally.
Next came the second tunnel, called the Museum Tunnel.
This is very Korean--full of neon lights.
The rail is located next to the river, but there is a road in between the tracks and the river so it's not super close.
There is a rose tunnel somewhere along here, but I didn't really see any roses.
Such tall Easter lillies!
Pinwheels are the center attraction of this area.
You can put your 'love lock' here.
The boys were ahead of us. After they turned around we passed them on their way back.
The turn around spot.
This pot overflowing with flowers reminded me of my Mom. 💟
I feel like the Jinju Amusement Park peaked about 30 years ago. It claims to be equipped with amusement and game facilities. There was old ride or two that look like this pathetic frog thing, that were not running.
We were shown this little art gallery, though. I think the pieces were for sale.
Outside there were some cute artistic arrangements to look at.
And that's all for the Jinju Railbikes.
[June 29]

No comments: