Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Wandering - Yongso Valley

 I had a day with no plans on the agenda, so Chuey and I picked a nearby place on the map and went.
It was a campsite along a stream. It was weird because it was 9:00 in the morning when we started. There were lots of tents there, but you could tell that they had been there for a long time because of the leaves and seeds and dirt on the edges of the tents. But no one was out. When we came back an hour and a half later, it was still a ghost town. Someone suggested that maybe the tents stay there during the week and the people come back on the weekend. ❓It's a mystery to me.
Chuey and I just did our thing. We kept walking and taking pictures.
We walked up a steep road to get to a dead end. There was a family burial plot at the top, so their family members could have this view from their eternal resting place.
This was little patch of bamboo trees.
She is worse than my Dad. When the camera comes out, she looks the opposite direction.
We drove a different road on the way home. I came to a temple that I had not been to yet. Since it was just me and Chuey, we stopped. She did not complain that she has already seen lots of temples and they are all basically the same and couldn't we just go home already.
This monk was on his way to a different building.
There is so much detail in the artwork.
I'm sure the stories behind the paintings are interesting.
Chuey always ride on my lap looking out the window.
All tuckered out from our morning adventures.
[April 27]

No comments: