Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Friday, January 01, 2021

Buh Bye 2020 - 8th Annual Hourly Envelopes

 This was probably one of the most highly anticipated New Years in a long time, not necessarily by my family but by the world in general. We had considered spending it with friends, but, Covid. Abe had to self-isolate while a co-worker he had been in contact with was awaiting test results so we avoided people. (The results came back negative, by the way, so we’re in the clear. Whew!) 

Without further ado, I give you: 

{The Annual Countdown}

{Noon: Obstacle Course}
We went to the school playground and did a lot of tasks that included the soccer ball, climbing, jumping, shooting baskets, crab walks, kicking, throwing, etc. I was so busy timing everyone and keeping track of Chuey and Waffles (who we are walking while the Ts are in quarantine) that I did not take any action shots. You can see how Zeke felt about my posed pic.
{1:00 Escape Room The Game} 
This one was a request by Zeke. Daisy and Eli weren't that excited about it. It was about a dentist who was murdering people while trying something new with x-rays.
{2:00 Psych!}
This was a bust. Originally I ordered a board game for Christmas but it got stuck in customs. It was supposed to make it here by New Years. It did not. So I found a new app called Psych! that looked fun. Our internet was slow and it wasn't getting downloaded on all our phones, so we played Heads Up. By the looks of it Eli was singing opera instead of guessing my clues.
{3:00 Scavenger Hunt}
I had asked our friends in 105 if my kids could come by and get some random items from them. It was going to be a race and lots of fun. But, Covid. There were a few new cases at the local elementary and apartments opposite the street from us plus Abe's work scare I mentioned earlier, so I nixed that idea at the last minute. Instead they had to take turns finding the objects in our house and I timed them.
These were the items they had to find: wooden chopsticks, a Q-tip, a bread tie, a toothpick, a US coin, a Korean coin, a paperclip, and a slice of bread. Daddy was the quickest.
{4:00 Buy items with your initials}
We gave the kids a few bucks and sent them out to purchase items that started with their initials. The boys ran to the GS25 (convenience store) and had their items purchased in about 2 minutes. Daisy and I got the dogs and she went to the office supply store first, to no avail.

Then she went to the GS25, and concluded at MegaCoffee. Zeke won for spending the least amount (about ₩4,000), he and Eli tied for the most original (a candy Egg), and Daisy won for the item I would most enjoy (a Drink--hot chocolate).
{5:00 Photo Scavenger Hunt}
One of the items on the list was a hairball. I shouldn't share this, but all three children were able find one. Between Frito (who has been gone for a few months now), Chuey and babysitting Waffles, there is no shortage of dog hair, even though I constantly sweep.
Daisy finished this game first.
Stuffed animals were also one of the items. These are Eli's Christmas gifts, Charmander and Squirtle.
{6:00 Insta Photo Hunt}
This happened to be a fortunate accident on timing. The kids were going out to get us some BHC (chicken nuggets) for dinner, so I said while they were waiting for the order we would start the game. I had a list of pictures for them to find that they were to screenshot and send to me as soon as they were finished with the last. Eli found this one of a dog. Aww.
Zeke found this one of a cat.
Daisy went to her own page to find the images instead of randomly searching. She used this for people hugging💞,
and this one of a tree that just happens to have Frito in it.💗
{7:00 Chicken Foot}
When we play Chicken Foot we have to yell, "Ba-gock!" like a chicken when you have one left, like in Uno. If you don't and get caught you have to draw.
I was the winner of Chicken Foot in more ways than one; you can see I enjoyed a New Years beverage.
{8:00 Chopstick Transfer}
We were timed to see how fast we could pick up every item. First we tried cookies, which were pretty easy.
Next we tried tomatoes. Not as easy.
Chuey always sits in someone's lap, most often mine, whenever we play games at the table.
After watching everyone struggle with the tomatoes, Eli used the chopsticks to lift the container lid and transfer the whole thing at once instead of individually. I once read that a businessman would chose cheaters to do tasks because they would think out of the box to get things done with the least amount of effort. Unfortunately for Eli, he dropped a few on the floor, which slowed him down. I won that game although Abe says I have the oddest looking grip he’s ever seen. 🤷🏻‍♀️
{9:00 Blind Test Test}
This ended up being a lot of fun. I had 10 food items. The kids had to close their eyes while I fed a bite to each of them like little birds.
They were all pretty accurate on this challenge. The item they like the least was broccoli, the one that felt most disgusting was a grape, and the favorite was a Twix.
It was here that Daddy said night-night.
We had so much fun with food, they talked me into giving a drink test. I surprised them by feeding them straight-up lemon juice, but they all got it.
When we were finished with both taste tests the kids talked me into playing Among Us. I got to be the Imposter once and got voted out before I could even be sus, let alone kill anybody.🥴
{10:00 Hot Cold Game}
This is an oldie that we have played for years. Every Easter I buy the M&M type chocolate Cadbury eggs and we search for the bag and eat a few, search for the bag and eat a few. I didn't find Cadbury eggs to buy, so we searched for chocolate coins. I forgot to get a picture of us searching for the coins, but while we were waiting for Eli to hide them one time, Daisy and Zeke started playing Chubby Bunny. Apparently you stick as many marshmallows in your mouth while you can still say, "Chubby Bunny." Daisy got 17 in her pie hole!
After Chubby Bunny we tried Psych! while waiting on our next envelope. 
{11:00 Left Right Center}
We only did a couple rounds of this game because playing Psych! with these buttholes was so much fun we wanted to play it some more. 
All of us buttholes laughed and laughed. 
{12:00 Group Hug}
We started the year off on the right foot just like my friend Ellen taught us. Then we had a group hug.
We were loud enough that Daddy woke up and joined us so I got a New Years' kiss.
{2021 Happy New Year!!}
[January 1]

No comments: