Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Bragging or Whining? - Samcheonpo

I was wanting some outdoor adventure one Sunday afternoon and I couldn't convince my family to go so I jumped at the invitation from the Biker Chicks (that's what our chat group is called). I did not know that this particular day these ladies meant business.

At 3.5 miles we bought Eli, Alex and Nic a drink from coffee shop #1. We left them there because that short ride was for sissies. The boys rode home by themselves and we forged on.

Determined to make it to Samcheonpo, we continued on the backroads on the way to the next coffee shop. It was up and down hills and through rice paddies and it was killer. About half way to our destination I was hoping someone would want to turn around. No one (but me) did.
We finally made it to coffee shop #2 as planned. It was a welcome break.
Thank goodness we decided to take the scenic, flat route along the shoreline on the way back.
This painting is on the base of the bridge. I have mentioned several times about the famous turtle boats. The battle took place in this harbor.
We were riding along the sidewalk but had to get off for a bit because some farmer decided to dry their rice there. Because, why not?
It was shortly after this little scenic spot that we stopped at coffee shop #3.
Three coffee shops, 20 miles and a few hours we finally made it home. There was definitely some whining going on inside my head. But it felt good when we were done!
Kate, Trish, Sarah, Sandy and Julie
[October 24]

No comments: