Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Monday, April 13, 2015

He is Risen

We hunted eggs in Ft. Worth.
I bribed them with an egg hunt in the Botanic Gardens if they would first take some pictures.
We hunted eggs in Olsburg.
 We hunted eggs at Aunt Sharon and Uncle Wilburs with lots of little cousins.
We hunted eggs at home from the Easter Bunny.
Although we went on several egg hunts, I always stress the real meaning of Easter to my kids. Christ died on the cross to take the penalty for our sins. But he rose again, defeating death for all who trust in him. 
'But it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. 2 Timothy 1:10

Even though I always stress the real meaning of Easter to my kids, it was so much more personal this year. I am thankful that not only did Christ destroy death for himself, but he did it for us as well. He did it for my brother. For that I am thankful. He is risen. He is risen indeed!
 

No comments: