Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Laughing Horses

Elijah and I fulfilled our duty as  good Fort Worthians by attending the annual Stock Show and Rodeo last week.  Sadly enough, that particular day they were in-between  livestock so there weren't a lot of farm animals there.  We did, however, see some chickens.  For a brief moment I actually missed Harold, who laid an egg a day, and Zues, who would jump up to eat dog food dangled from my fingers.
Then I wanted a horse as we walked through the equestrian building.  I would not, however, want to do calf roping.  I feel sorry for those little guys when they get their necks yanked so hard they fall down and then rough-housed when their legs get all tied up.  Bless their little hearts.

My country roots were coming out apparently, because along with the chicken and horse I really wanted an alpaca after the petting zoo.
Pardon the fingers…Lijee needs some work on his photography skills.
We played on lots of tractors,
including a cabbed one that had a special little seat so we both could sit in it.  I sang "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" while driving us around and dumping loads of dirt from the bucket on things for a good 10 minutes.
We also spent time playing in animal cages,
as well as running through worms.
 As we were leaving we walked past a horse that did a half-neigh.  Eli said he wasn't sure if that horse was neighing or laughing.

No comments: