Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Elvis Has Left The Building

The  kids were going through the game closet and found a box of Elvis Monopoly that had never been opened.  "Sure," I said, "let's play Monopoly."  It's Now Or Never.

Zeke and Daisy loved it.  We played that game for 5 straight days.  Sometimes Daddy stepped in and played for me.  When I had to make lunch or do laundry or dishes or do whatever it is that mamas do In The Ghetto, they played without me and took my turns for me.  Sometimes The Zekers even played by himself, taking Daisy and our turns for us.  Not once did he utter I'm So Lonesome, I Could Cry.  No sirree, he just kept playing away.  We didn't even have Suspicious Minds as to if he was playing fairly for us.

I was the loser.  In the end I was a Bridge Over Troubled Water and I just wanted out; the kids started to cheat for me so I would stay in the game.  Aw, so sweet of them to
  Love Me Tender.

I learned two things.  
1.  I have never really played many Monopoly games that got very far into houses, hotels, and, well, monopolies.  A Little Less Conversation, a little less paying rent, a little less taxes due, a little less go to jail go directly to jail do not pass go.  Monopoly, You're The Devil In Disguise.
2.  I didn't ever really play that long because I still hate that game when you're losing.  It's just a long game of torture.  Don't be cruel and please just let me quit.
Cool coincidence:  we played Elvis Monopoly on the anniversary of Elvis' passing, during KentuckyTexas Rain.

No comments: