Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Monday, May 26, 2014

Daddy Loves You

My little Lijee is such a boy.  He's all about cars and trains, and frogs and snails and puppy dog tails and all those things that little boys are made of.  But he also likes to play with his sister, and they usually end up playing her games.  And he's OK with that.

One day I overhead them playing barbies.  He had Ken and Daisy had Barbie.  "Hi, Darlin'. Hold my hand, Darlin'.  Let's go now, Darlin'."  What's even cuter about that is that Abe never calls me Darlin'.  I have no idea where he got that from.
When Eli plays babies he is a strict participant in method acting.  He is adamant that he be called Dad, Daisy is called Mom, I am Grandma and Abe is Grandpa.  In real life when I tuck the kids in bed at night I always whisper in their ear, "Mommy loves you."  Each of them comes back with their own unique response which never changes.  Last week as I was playing the role of Grandma, he took my grandchild from me and went into his room.  He came back and told me he whispered to his baby, "Daddy loves you," and put it to sleep in the crib. {heart}  Such a sweet little daddy.

No comments: