Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

An Apology To My Future Son and Daughters-in-Law

I'm going to be transparent here:  I'm a snuggle junkie.  Not only do I not like to sleep alone, but I want to be touching somebody.  All.  Night.  Long.  Abe and I have a joke about snuggling real close.  When we were first married he once told me, "Don't get any closer… 'cause you can't."

Each of our kids actually has a room with a bed.  However, you wouldn't guess that by our sleeping arrangements.  All three of them like to sleep in the same bed.  Since I'm being honest here, I'll admit that not a night goes by that at least one kid isn't in our bed by morning.  Usually it's all three.  And since I'm on this honest kick, you may as well know that I like it that way.

I love how Zeke is like one of those bendy rubber things with wire inside that the little arms and legs stay the way you bend them.  I adore the way Daisy plays with my hair, even in her sleep.  And I treasure the way little Lijee likes to rub my bare arm like a good luck charm.

I know my little bed invaders will eventually drop off, one by one as the years go by, until it's just me and Daddy in bed when the morning dawns.  That's why I am soaking up every snuggle-filled night until then.

So, dear future children-in-law, I hope you don't have much personal space.  It seems I may have passed this snuggle-thing along to my kids.

No comments: