Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

TMI

Zeke was brushing his teeth while I was examining my face closely in the mirror.  I explained how when women get old they sometimes start to grow a random hair on their chins and please let me know if that ever happens to me.

 "You could have waited until I was older to tell me that," was all he had to say.  Either I had just shared way too much information for him to handle, or he doesn't think I am an old woman yet.  I'm gonna go with the latter.
Someone gave Eli a candy bar and we told him he had to wait to eat it.  As we were riding in the car Abe and I overhead him talking to the candy bar in a menacing voice.  "I'm gonna eat you."
Our job when Grannie went out of town was to feed her dog.  The kids and I were concerned about her new alarm system going off on us.  Grannie had shown Daisy how it worked a few days earlier.  She confidently told me, "Don't freak out, Mom."  Mere seconds later she confessed, "I'm freaking out."
I love how all 3 kids have totally different personalities.  Where Daisy is 100% girl with her babies , jewelry and pedi's {"Look at me, Daddy, I'm all rainbowed up!"},  Eli is 100% boy with his cars, (S)Pider Man, and growls {"Aaaah! I'm crashing!" as he smashes his cars headfirst into each other.}  Our Zekers is a wonderful mixture of the best of both worlds.  Sensitive and artistic.  After he did well at his karate challenge he was radiant as he exclaimed, "That was so freeing.  I feel so alive!" 

No comments: