Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

She's Gone

My Daiser has officially entered the world without her Momma.   Today was her first day of pre-k.  She never admitted to being excited about it, but she secretly wanted to be like her big brother.  She 'read' a book to me last week and exclaimed, "I can read lots of books and I'M NOT EVEN IN SCHOOL YET!"  On Meet The Teacher night she bragged to  Zeke it was time to go meet her teacher.
Daisy and Mrs. Debbie (Zeke's old teacher),
whom Daisy loves.
The fact that I forgot the bring my camera was a good sign that I was in denial of what was about to happen.   It was only as we were getting in the car and I said out loud, "Wow, I didn't even cry," that it hit me.  Then I started to cry a little.  I know it is really silly, but it makes me sad that my little girl won't be with me all day.  I mean, that girl demands your attention and she won't shut up all day long, and I mean all day long, and that's exactly why I'm going to miss my silly, happy, singing and dancing, beautiful, loving little girl.  It's really just one day a week since we usually work at church one of the 2 days she'll be in school.  So it's really not a big deal.

But it's the beginning of the end.  

OK, I need to stop typing because I've made myself cry again.  
When Eli and I got in the car he looked over at Daisy's empty car seat and sadly asked, "Dai-dee?"
I couldn't have said it any better.

No comments: