Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Entrepreneurs

We drove by a house for sale today and  we all liked it, but I told the kids it was out of our price range.  Zeke said they could do something to get more money, like sell ice cold water.    He and Daisy schemed planned their business venture the whole way home.


They were busy little beavers setting up shop.  The plan was I could get the ice and water and they would sell it for $2.  I was thinking I would go buy water bottles and ice them down in the cooler.  Oh no.  They wanted me to fill a cup with ice and water.

While I was getting the ice water they made signs and taped them up,
drug the coffee table to the front sidewalk,
brought their chairs out, and were ready to go.
They yelled to try to drum up some business.
My little workers were so busy they couldn't stop to eat.  So they had a working dinner.
Even with all that yelling, no one stopped to buy ice water so we could buy a new house.  (It wasn't like there was all kinds of foot traffic, mind you.  The street was dead in the middle of the afternoon.)
So they resorted to going to our neighbors and knocking on their door and asking them. A little door-to-door solicitation was not stopping them.  One poor neighbor was home and felt obligated to come over and buy a cup of ice water for $2.  {Thank you, Justin.}

Here are my little  entrepreneurs with their first profit!
Thanks to their hard work, we'll have that new house in no time!



No comments: