Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tissue, Please

Zeke and I were discussing school tonight before bed.  He is starting to sound out words, but doesn't think he can learn sight words.  I was trying to reassure him by telling him I taught a lot of kids to read when I was a teacher and I will help him, too.  He said he didn't know I was a teacher before I was a mommy.  I told him I really enjoyed teaching, but I liked being his mommy a whole lot more.  "I like being your son, too."  Oh, yeah.  Instant tears.  Seriously, am I really expected not to cry next week when my little buddy, my constant companion, the one I have spent the most time with for the last 5 years gets ripped from my arms?
It's been a good ride, my little friend.

No comments: