Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Monday, May 24, 2010

I Got My Sun-On!

In the words of Simon and Garfunkel, "Hello darkness, my old friend." That's right people--I've got a tan and it feels good! We took a family trip to Galveston this weekend. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Galveston beaches, Zeke called it 'sand-mud', but it was the beach, regardless. Notice I didn't call it a family vacation; it was almost down-graded to a business trip. All you parents, you know what I'm talking about. "Let's dig." "Let's jump the waves." "Let's run to the shore." "Let's go to the pool." "Catch me as I jump in the pool." Abe and I were at the little monsters' beck and call.


Gaea, Majid, Soloman and Adam joined us one day. Snack attack!
A little family time on the Duck Tour.

Bedtime was relentless. The littlest one, who normally goes to bed at 8:00 every night, was the last one to sleep every night more than a few hours after her normal bedtime. Everybody in the same room was far too exciting to sleep. One night she was lying there, repeating me saying, "Shh. Shh. Shh," until Zekers informed her she wasn't the mommy.
All in all, a great vacation. Or great family time. Whatever, we all had fun!

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Are those big girl panties on Miss Daisy!!!! WOW!!!!

Looks like you had a blast! I can't wait to see your "lil" monsters when I come down to Ft Worth next month!!!

Trish Daniels said...

Sounds good!