Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Monday, April 26, 2010

Eavesdropping

The following are a few conversations I have overheard lately:

Zekers told Daddy he wanted to marry Daisy when he grew up; he couldn't marry Mommy because she was already married to Daddy. ~ Daisy's new joy is to let us know when she passes gas. In the car she cried, "Mommy, I pooted!" I replied with enthusiasm for her. Then she said, "Zeke, I pooted!" He was not so kind in his reply. He answered dryly, "I know, Daisy. I just heard you tell Mommy." ~ Ezekiel was explaining the theory of magnets to The Daise. "Things that are stickable stick to magnets, and things that are not stickable do not stick to magnets." ~ Zeke: I hear her not being respectful. I'll go talk to her about not being nice. ~ As we were driving home in the dark Daisy said, "Eyes. Turn on." I agreed it was dark and asked if she wanted the lights on. Zekers told her, "You can't turn on the sky, Daisy." ~ Daisy has taken it upon herself to rename her father and me. She now refers to us as 'Mommeemee' and 'Daddeedee.'


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ok, seriously, that last picture looks like he should be starring opposite Molly Ringwald in some John Hughes movie--too cute! I love me some sweater vests. . .