Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Monday, December 14, 2009

Lordy, Lordy, Am I REALLY 40??

Aww, my dear friend Youth, where did you go? And why did you forsake me??!! Old age is for, well...old people. Last I checked I wasn't old. But now my 40th birthday has arrived. Wow. The big 4-0. How did this happen?? I am OLD! Since it's my birthday week, I have been thinking about this whole forty-thing. That's like, nearly middle-aged. Looking at where I am now--middle age--and where I have been, this is what I see. I don't have the biggest house on the block, I don't drive an expensive luxury car, I don't have a top executive job; the list can go on and on. But when I look more closely at where I am now--middle age--I'll tell you what I do see. I have a great spiritual life with a wonderful savior who will never leave me nor forsake me. I have a more fantastic husband than I could ever have imagined (who, by the way, is NOT 40, so that makes me a Cougar--rrrrar!). I have two beautiful, happy, healthy kids. I have a loving extended family (and yes, that includes my in-laws). :) I have a house that provides shelter and is filled with a whole lot of love and laughter. I have a dependable car that gets me home to visit my said extended family. I currently have the least respected 'job' of a stay at home mom that I absolutely love and would not trade for a million bucks; the list can go on and on. So yeah, I'm 40 and I like where I am!
Lucky for me, 40 is the new 30, which only a couple years ago was the new 20. Which, by the way, I don't feel a day over. So there ya go. Age is just a number; it's all how you feel. And if you squeeze me, you'll discover that I feel great!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

And you're majorly good looking, to boot. Your first 40 have been kind!