Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Crisis diverted

Everything was going great in the Daniels' household for the first 2 weeks. Adding a second baby was child's play. Of course my Mom and nieces were here for the first week and then Abe took his paternity leave the 2nd week. On Daisy's 15th day it all hit the fan. Things were going like a well oiled machine until Zeke cut his finger. I was feeding Daisy at the time of injury; I pulled away from her and rushed Zeke to the sink. I was fairly certain that the cut was minuscule, but it kept bleeding profusely and wouldn't stop. At the same time Daisy was crying profusely and wouldn't stop. I brought Zeke to the bed on my lap, and whilst applying pressure to the wounded digit I grabbed Daisy with one arm and manhandled her into the football hold. Finally Daisy stopped eating and crying long enough for me to assess the finger situation. After about 30 minutes the bleeding stopped; the cut wasn't even .5 cm long. We got it bandaged and eventually everyone got to bed (eventually meaning a couple hours late). Like I said, this 2 kid thing is child's play...

No comments: