Every good and perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Tanorexic is Back!

Hi. My name is Trish, and I'm a tanorexic. I always want to be tan, and I can never be tan enough. But I'll let you in on a little secret: it's hard to be tan when you live in the UK. And it's just as hard when you return to TX and it rains every day for 6 months, just like the UK. But I finally got some sun last weekend! We went to KS for the 4th to visit my family. We also brought our friends Jason and Diane, along with their 4 kids. First we spent some time at my parents' and brother's, where we helped lay linoleum in my Mom's kitchen and paint, lit off fireworks, played on the slip-n-slide, went to the pool, and played with various kitties, dogs, horses, goats, and miniature donkeys. Then we joined extended family at the lake. At one point we had 30 people there. We had 13 kids between 12 years and 15 months, 2 grandmas, 2 grandpas, 1 great grandma, various aunts, uncles and cousins, and 7 dogs. I got plenty of boat time, including some wake boarding. The kids played in the water, rode the jet ski, completed an obstacle course, and went on a treasure hunt. We had a great weekend--it's too bad Kansas is so far away!
Zeke loved the little kitties!

"So, guys, what did the donkey ask the horse? Why the long face?"

"Lemme go next!"

Grandpa has his hands full with Will and Zeke.

Anxiously awaiting the much celebrated Treasure Hunt.


Zeke had Daddy's help keeping up with the big kids during the mayhem of the hunt.

...Even a clue in the water.



Zeke digging through the treasure chest with the big kids.



Riding the bike was part of the obstacle course, and Zeke was not about to be left out.


"Ha, ha. Lock the babies in the tent. Real funny, guys... now LET US OUT!"



1 comment:

Tracey said...

Welcome back to the world of blogging... I think my favorite pic is the one of the babies in the tent! :) It is good to see you, Abe, and Zeke online!!!

Tracey