Introducing the newest member of DanFam5.2...
Gin!On Daisy's birthday we came home and were met at the driveway by animal control. They were called by the neighbors to get 2 little kitties. We had birthday things to tend to, so we went about our business.
The following night, I heard a meow on the front porch. It was the kitties from next door! Apparently animal control did not catch them.
I ran in to grab a snack for them as fast as my little feet could go.
They were both very skittish. But I stuck close to the food so they would have to be close to me. Eli and I have been wanting a kitty for quite some time. Everyone else in the house has allergies, so the cat would have to be an outdoor cat. And here was my chance!
Day 2 they were under the neighbors' car again, but I was able meow to them from my driveway and they came to eat.
Day 2 I was also able to pat the black kitty while he was eating. It took a few more days for the little tortoise one to let me touch her.
Day 3 I was able to call them without leaving my yard and they came running. They began to stay in the corner of my flower bed where the tall cosmos live. I think it provided shade plus a bit of protection.
They soon became ours.
We assumed they were siblings, although the black boy was much larger than the little tortoise girl. They were constantly playing together and it was so darn cute. They became Gin n Juice. I would daily sing the Snoop song, "Sippin' on gin and juice."
One morning two weeks in, Juice did not show up. 😓 Because those two were inseparable, I knew he was not coming back. Daisy's boyfriend had seen two coyotes in the street earlier that week. RIP Juice.
Poor little Gin was lost without her mother or her brother. It made her instantly become more trusting of us.
She began letting me pick her up, and I introduced her and Chuey.
I moved her home to the back patio and got her a cat bed.
She began to purr and purr when I would hold her.Chuey doesn't like to get too close to Gin, but sometimes late at night I can convince them.
She loves to sit on the window sill behind the chair. She will purr and purr when you reach back to pat her.
One morning Chuey and Gin were both stretching simultaneously. It was the cutest thing ever, but I missed the picture of them both doing a down dog.
One morning Chuey and Gin were both stretching simultaneously. It was the cutest thing ever, but I missed the picture of them both doing a down dog.
DanFam5.2 is now a cat family.😃 Eli and I are thrilled. 😍
[May 30]
No comments:
Post a Comment